Monday, 19 November 2012

Chevron Skirt Tutorial

After completing my Chevron skirt and being happy . Here I blog about how I made it. Simple and easy. Of course if you are not lucky to find your choice of color with chevron print. Then this one is for you :)



Materials required:
1. Skirt Pattern pieces, which fits you
2. Fabric paint Spray bottles (color of stripes)
Or
Flat brush size 12 and white fabric paint
3. Craft paper(I used a calender lying around at home)
4. Gum tape (Which doesn't get stuck to fabric)
5. Basic Sewing  tools and sewing experience

A little bit of patience;) It takes about 3 hours to finish it completely.(minus the paint drying time of course)

Step 1:
Place your skirt pattern piece on the fabris and Cut out the Skirt pattern pieces.

Step 2:
Stack 10 sheets of rectangular paper together and trace a chevron pattern on them.I believe in making crafts with things lying around the house, hence I used an old calender.  I downloaded a template from here. Cut them out. So its faster when you cut out all together.  
Step3: Place these on the skirt(Right side). make sure The strips are equidistant from each other. And paste the strips using the tape. Do not worry if the tape which does not have much gum doesn't spoil the fabric it can be peeled off. 

Step 4:
Cover the work space with newspaper. If using spray bottle then follow instructions and spray the paint over the skirt. If using flat brush the mix the fabric paints with medium and paint all over in the gaps.
Step 5:
Wait for 30 mins and peel of the strips. Once the paint feels dry sew the Skirt pieces. Iron on reverse after 24 hours. You are done.


So a lovely chevron printed skirt is ready!!If you want to read all about the drafting and sewing of the skirt then hop over to my Chevron skirt post.


-Diya
P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links here.


8 comments:

  1. Cute! It doesn't look painted at all. That green is great--my fave color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!! The chevron is so flattering in this skirt. That took a lot of effort!
    Just popped over from Brassy Apple, and I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chevron so very much! My baby girl has a chevron wall in her nursery that took forever, but is totally worth it =) I'd love it if you stopped by my blog and shared this on my linky party! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2012/11/now-co-hosting-inspiration-spotlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is awesome! I love that you made this yourself - it looks like you bought it right out of the mall. Great work. I found you through the bloghop, and I'm your newest follower.

    Blessings from OK,
    Meredith at thepolkadotshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty skirt! I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for linking up with the Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you in all the options you have on your blog for me to follow!!

    Please spread the word, share the blog code on your blog!! Who knows, you could end up being the featured blog next week!! Aloha Friday Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! And I love that you made the print yourself which I think makes all the difference! Good tutorial!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a sewer.. but this looks fabulous! And I love that you created the print - super rad!! I have a giveaway running right now & would love for you to enter it!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    Enter my GIVEAWAY for $100 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really cool! Such an innovative idea!

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.