Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Pin Tucked skirt for girlsfrom the Sewing book

She smiled as she tore open the gift wrapper and saw the skirt inside.. She squealed with joy when she noticed that the skirt had pockets !! My efforts are paid off well.yeahhh!

I was just speaking about my four year old niece and the skirt I made for her this week. Here is how I made it and why ...
A bright yellow cotton fabric was what I had. And little bit of polka dotted black fabric left over from the top I made. I wanted a A-line shape and a drawstring version ..here is what I wanted it to look like.

I drafted the pattern for the skirt myself . And the idea of having plaint tucks at the bottom is from The Sewing Book by Alison Smith. I made it for the fab folds contest at the ricochetandaway blog by Rikka.These contests are for fun, we can meet some exciting bloggers too. This time the theme was to sew anything which features pleats , pin tucks or smocking. Thanks to Rikka and now my niece got a good little skirt to wear.


I love the folds it looks fab don't they ? This book has got truckloads of photos and information. Its is a keeper must say.When I feel 'I do not know that technique' I flip the pages of this book to find it there.

I added two self covered buttons at the middle band. And made two pockets.I am a fan of pockets , I love a little bit of pockets in all my clothes LOL..

   



Some snaps of her wearing it. No time to adjust the camera settings when kids are our models. Its for just a minute or so that they pose and have to click before they run away.. So you can see why the quality of these two pics are not so good heh he..




By the way don't ask me why I call it Yummy Yellow Skirt.. That was the first word that randomly occurred to my mind when I saw the finished skirt;)


-Cheers
Diya

17 comments:

  1. The yellow fabric with the polka dots is a striking combination, Diya. Love the pockets and the buttons down the front. Great job on the pintucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely! I bet she'll want to wear it every day! I love the tucks - great idea. I'll be thinking about how I can incorporate those into something that I make in the future, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and fun! I want one in my size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pintucks! Great yellow!
    You certainly have one happy little niece on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the folds and love the drawstring- I think I want one on my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable, you are so talented! I love everything about this skirt and wish it came in my size! I'm no master sewer :P I found you via Our Everyday Harvest Hop, and would like to invite you to link-up at mine: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/09/meatless-monday-asparagus-baked-eggs.html. This would be the perfect post to share! See you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt! The pin-tucks are really pretty and make it very special! And the color...Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This skirt is absolutely GORGEOUS!! WOW. I love the color, the pin tucks and buttons. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! Hopping over and following along from Our Everyday Harvest xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Us sewers should stick together! hee hee. This skirt is absolutely darling! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This skirt is adorable! I am stopping by via the blog hop at Our Everyday Harvest!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this skirt!! I found you from the blog hop! Look forward to reading your blog in the future!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo cute! Wish I could sew, I'd make one for my granddaughter...
    Saw you sharing at It's So Very Cheri and Cupcakes & Crinoline
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diya,
    Thank you so much for linking with my Wednesday Adorned From Above Blog Hop last week. I have listed your posting as one of my featured links for this week. I love this skirt. It is so cute.

    www.adornedfromabove.com

    Grab the featured blogger button or just add a link back to the my blog.

    Thank you again for participating, and the link party is opened for this week.

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good work is done by you.Specially i like the folds on skirt this makes it the cute skirts for girls . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely post and I liked color and pin tucks of the skirt. You are an amazing Mom :)
    Thanks for linking it to my blog!! Congrats for winning the surprise, as your entry is the first one.
    Mail me your address!!

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.